This year we launch Bayside Athletics Booster Club as a Board run, parent supported fundraising organization that serves to support all Bayside Athletics teams and athletes.
Bayside Athletics is a nonprofit 501 c 3. Without this organization fees go up and there will no longer be a scholarship program.
The main purpose of the organization is to act as a foundation to support its athletes 3 ways:
- Offering a financial aid program to offset class fees or tuition for athletes of Bayside Cheer LLC/Bayside Athletics who are activity participating in cheer teams or classes and/or tumbling classes to those in economic stress or low income families.
- Purchase supplies for spiritual growth
- To continue to fund-raise to keep the cost of our programs down and to replace or purchase equipment.
All are welcome to join the boosters. We will hold our first meeting May 10 at 7pm at Bayside Athletics. Sign up to join the boosters today!
Expectations of Booster Members:
- Attend meetings twice a year
- Join at least one fundraiser committee and attend those meetings and fundraiser
- Help reach out to our community to get annual corporate sponsors.
- Think about supporting Bayside Athletics Year Round by Purchasing items with Amazon Smile: before you shop amazon go to: smile.amazon.com/ch/47-3257170 than add your items to your cart and Bayside will receive a donation.
Looking to be a Board Member?
If you want to go a step up in your commitment the Board us looking for a Treasure, Secretary and Vice President. We ask that you sit in the position for a two year term June 2019-May 2021. The expectation are the same as above and being a booster member with the below roles. The board helps keep the fundraiser and booster organized and running efficiently. The board decides on fundraisers and help set s parameters for our scholarship program in both teams and classes.
- Treasurer: keep accounting for all fundraisers under the Bayside Athletics Umbrella as listed below. Creates reports for the board and reports to the President.
- Secretary: Takes and distributes meeting notes, fundraiser updates, meeting dates & times. Assists the director in communications of events and meetings.
- Vice President: Assists the president in all duties that support Bayside Athletics; such as but not limited to setting up fundraiser details, selecting dates, organizing the support crew and follow-up.
Our Current 2019-2020 Fundraisers Include:
- Platinum Royalty Card Sales, A local and national discount card – Fundraiser runs June 10-21, 2019.
- Silent Auction at Whisky Ranch – Summer 2019 Bayside All-star & scholarship parents will be guest bartenders; we’ll have raffles for silent auction items. Parents only (no children) will staff that day, All-star teams will put together auction baskets.
- Lake Geneva Jaycees Venetian Festival – August 14-19. All athletes and parents will be assigned a shift to work. (Wednesday-Monday clean up)
- All-Star Athlete Jump-a-thon Winter 2020. Each athlete is required to get a minimum of $100 in sponsors.
Over the past year we have served over 380 athletes from all over the county and have given over $18,000 in our sports scholarships. We predict in the next year (2016-2017) we’ll need to raise about $25,000 to cover the scholarships.
Scholarships (aka financial aid) go to local low income families, single income families, and or those who have recently lost a job or had a unexpected financial strain on their family.