Welcome to Bayside Tumbling Academy – Programs with Purpose
With every class we offer, our purpose is the same — to develop young athletes spiritually, mentally and physically. We strive to positively impact youth and their families through the sports of cheer & tumbling. Bayside ‘s Tumbling Academy offers several level of tumbling:
Tiny Tumbler Explorer Time – Ages 2-3 years
Little Tumblers – Ages 3-5 years
Introduction to Tumbling – Ages 5-8 year
Tumbling 1 – Focus on rolls, handstands, cartwheels, and basic body shapes of Tumbling, and control of body.
Tumbling 1 Advanced – Focus on front and back walkovers and round-offs.
Tumbling 2, Introduction to Handsprings – Focus on front and back handsprings
Tumbling 2 Advanced Handsprings – Focus on connecting multiple handsprings, the round-off and handsprings, as well as the BHS-Step out
Advanced Tumbling – Must have multiple handsprings. This class focuses on Tuck technique, layouts and advanced tumbling shapes.
Tumbling That’s Special – Special Needs Tumbling, all ages, all abilities
Boy’s Tumble & Tramp – Ages 5 & up just for boys!
Our Tumbling programs are all floor based type tumbling. View our tumbling class offerings
Practice & Attire Policy
Be prepared for class:
1. Come ready for class with flexible, comfortable clothing. No street/school clothing.
2. Please bring a water bottle. There is not a water fountain in the facility.
3. Wash hands before class, even if you didn’t use the restroom. We are a Nut free zone and must keep all equipment nut free.
4. No GUM allowed.
5. All medical waivers must be filled out and turned in at the first class. Participants will not be able to participate without a medical waiver on file. Medical waivers last for one year, so if you have participated in a class with us in 2015 than you do not need another form filled out.
6. Payments, or first payment, must be turned in on the first practice date.
Dress for an athletic class:
1. Flexible, athletic clothing. No street/school clothing.
2. No outdoor shoes allowed on the mats. Indoor cheer shoes for cheer teams and non-slip socks (yoga or jumps socks) must be worn. No bare feet allowed.
3. No bellies shown at any time, guys or gals. Athletes MUST tuck in shirts or wear under shirts that are tucked in.
4. Ladies, no Spaghetti straps, all tanks tops must have at least a 1 inch wide strap.
5. Fitted shorts must have an inseam of 2 inches or more.
6. Hair MUST be up in a pony tail or braid prior to the start of class. Hair ties can be purchased for a quarter.
6. Lose shorts may require tighter undergarments underneath to maintain proper coverage.
If the above policy is followed your athlete will NOT be allowed to participant in class.